32nd Annual ASC Awards: Picture Perfect
Hosted by TCM’s Ben Mankiewicz, this year’s ASC Awards for Outstanding Achievement in Cinematography celebrated a diverse array of imagery, as well as masters of the craft.
Russell Carpenter, ASC: Passion for the Craft
The 2018 ASC Lifetime Achievement Award honoree recounts the rollercoaster ride that led him to Titanic and beyond.
Russell Boyd, ASC, ACS: Vision Accomplished
The Australian cinematographer receives the Society’s International Award for a masterful, continent-hopping career.
ASC Open House Celebrates Cinematography
On Feb. 10, hundreds of attendees visited the ASC Clubhouse to meet members, discuss cinematography, celebrate ASC Awards honorees and nominees and unveil a classic camera.
Alan Caso, ASC: Prestige Pioneer
The cinematographer’s broad and innovative vision for episodic storytelling earns him the Career Achievement in Television Award.
The Nominees Are: 2017 Achievements in Cinematography Earn ASC Accolades
The American Society of Cinematographers unveils nominees in all five competitive categories for the 32nd ASC Awards for Outstanding Cinematography.
ASC to Honor Angelina Jolie with Board of Governors Award
The presentation will be made to her at the 32nd Annual ASC Awards for Outstanding Achievement on Feb. 17 at Hollywood & Highland’s Ray Dolby Ballroom.
ASC Honors Student Filmmakers at 2017 Heritage Awards
The American Society of Cinematographers announced their annual Student Heritage Award winners on Saturday, October 10.
Blade Runner 2049, The Crown, 12 Monkeys and Genius took the competitive awards, while Russell Carpenter, Alan Caso, Russell Boyd, Stephen Lighthill and Angelina Jolie were feted for their exceptional careers and contributions.Photo Gallery
- Lifetime Achievement Award
Russell Carpenter, ASC
- Board of Governors Award
- Career Achievement in Television Award
Alan Caso, ASC
- International Award
Russell Boyd, ASC, ACS
- Presidents Award
Stephen Lighthill, ASC
ASC Andrew Lesnie Heritage Award Winners
Logan Fulton, Widow
Favienne Howsepian, Snowplow
ASC Haskell Wexler Student Documentary Award Winner
Connor Ellmann, Forever Home
Motion Picture, Miniseries, or Pilot Made for Television
- Pepe Avila del Pino for The Deuce "Pilot"
- Serge Desrosiers, CSC for Sometimes the Good Kill
- Mathias Herndl, AAC for Genius "Chapter 1"
- Shelly Johnson, ASC for Training Day "Apocalypse Now"
- Christopher Probst, ASC for Mindhunter "Pilot"
Episode of a Series for Non-Commercial Television
- Gonzalo Amat for The Man in the High Castle "Land O’ Smiles"
- Adriano Goldman, ASC, ABC for The Crown "Smoke and Mirrors"
- Robert McLachlan, ASC, CSC for Game of Thrones "The Spoils of War"
- Gregory Middleton, ASC, CSC for Game of Thrones "Dragonstone"
- Alasdair Walker for Outlander "The Battle Joined"
Episode of a Series for Commercial Television
- Dana Gonzales, ASC for Legion "Chapter 1"
- David Greene, ASC, CSC for 12 Monkeys "Mother"
- Kurt Jones for The Originals "Bag of Cobras"
- Boris Mojsovski, CSC for 12 Monkeys "Thief"
- Crescenzo Notarile, ASC, AIC for Gotham "The Executioner"
- Máté Herbai, HSC for On Body and Soul
- Mikhail Krichman, RGC for Loveless
- Mart Taniel, ESC for November
- Roger Deakins, ASC, BSC for Blade Runner 2049
- Bruno Delbonnel, ASC, AFC for Darkest Hour
- Hoyte van Hoytema, ASC, FSF, NSC for Dunkirk
- Rachel Morrison, ASC for Mudbound
- Dan Laustsen, ASC, DFF for The Shape of Water