ASC to Honor Jeff Bridges with Board of Governors Award
The American Society of Cinematographers will honor the Oscar-winning actor, who is also a celebrated photographer and philanthropist.
ASC Awards Feature and Television Nominees Revealed
Winners will be named at the awards gala on February 9. Good luck to all our nominees!
ASC to Honor Robert Richardson and Jeff Jur at Annual Awards
Both cinematographers will be celebrated for their exemplary careers — with event to showcase the ASC’s 100th anniversary.
American Society of Cinematographers Lauds Student Filmmakers
Emerging Talent from AFI, Columbia College Chicago, and School of Visual Arts NYC Take Top Honors in 2018 ASC Heritage Awards.
Nominees Announced for 2018 ASC Student Heritage Awards
Educators at leading schools have nominated exceptional work made by their eligible students. Winners will be announced on October 13 at the Clubhouse.
32nd Annual ASC Awards: Picture Perfect
Hosted by TCM’s Ben Mankiewicz, this year’s ASC Awards for Outstanding Achievement in Cinematography celebrated a diverse array of imagery, as well as masters of the craft.
2018 Emmy Winners — Three ASC Members Earn Awards
In their respective categories, ASC members Adriano Goldman, Ellen Kuras and Gary Baum took home trophies for exceptional camerawork.
ASC Student Heritage Awards winners were announced on Oct. 13, the first two ASC honorees announced Dec. 4, and the nominations in all categories will be unveiled Jan. 7.Photo Gallery
- Lifetime Achievement Award
Robert Richardson, ASC
- Career Achievement in Television Award
Jeffrey Jur, ASC
- Board of Governors Award
ASC Student Heritage Award Winners
- Gerald Hirschfeld Undergraduate
Matthew Hayward, The Latent Image
- Sol Negrin Graduate
Steven Breckon, A Place to Stay
- Haskell Wexler Documentary
Alejandro Cortes Sanchez, Adrift
Motion Picture, Miniseries, or Pilot Made for Television
- James Friend, BSC for "Patrick Melrose, “Bad News”"
- Mathias Herndl, AAC for "Genius: Picasso, “Chapter 1”"
- Florian Hoffmeister, BSC for "The Terror, “Go for Broke”"
- M. David Mullen, ASC for "The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel (Pilot)"
- Brendan Steacy, CSC for "Alias Grace, “Part 1”"
Episode of a Series for Non-Commercial Television
- Gonzalo Amat for "The Man in the High Castle, “Jahr Null”"
- Adriano Goldman, ASC, ABC, BSC for "The Crown, “Beryl”"
- David Klein, ASC for "Homeland, “Paean to the People”"
- Colin Watkinson, ASC for "The Handmaid’s Tale, “The Word”"
- Cathal Watters, ISC for "Peaky Blinders, “The Company”"
- Zoë White, ACS for "The Handmaid’s Tale, “Holly”"
Episode of a Series for Commercial Television
- Nathaniel Goodman, ASC for "Timeless, “The King of the Delta Blues”"
- Jon Joffin, ASC for "Beyond, “Two Zero One”"
- Ben Richardson for "Yellowstone, “Daybreak”"
- David Stockton, ASC for "Gotham, “A Dark Knight: Queen Takes Knight”"
- Thomas Yatsko, ASC for "Damnation, “A Different Species”"
- Joshua James Richards for "The Rider"
- Giorgi Shvelidze for "Namme "
- Frank van den Eeden, SBC, NSC for "Girl"
- Alfonso Cuarón for "Roma"
- Matthew Libatique, ASC for "A Star is Born"
- Robbie Ryan, BSC, ISC for "The Favourite"
- Linus Sandgren, ASC, FSF for "First Man"
- Łukasz Żal, PSC for "Cold War"