An Evening of Excellence: 34th Annual ASC Awards
1917, The Lighthouse, Honeyland, The Handmaid’s Tale, Project Blue Book and The Terror: Infamy take top honors in this year’s ceremonies.
ASC to Honor Werner Herzog with 2020 Board of Governors Award
The tribute will be made at the 34th Annual ASC Awards for Outstanding Achievement on Jan. 25.
American Society of Cinematographers Names Four Honoree Recipients for 34th ASC Awards
Frederick Elmes, Donald A. Morgan, Bruno Delbonnel and Don McCuaig to be lauded by Society on January 25, 2020.
ASC Presents 2019 Student Heritage Awards
The three winners were honored during a ceremony held at the historic ASC Clubhouse on the night of Saturday, October 12.
ASC Announces Feature Film Nominees for 34th Annual Awards
Five nominees in the Theatrical Release category and three nominees in the Spotlight Award category were revealed at the ASC Clubhouse today.
Artistry in Balance: Fred Elmes, ASC
With an instinct for collaboration, the ASC’s 2020 Lifetime Achievement Award honoree aims to serve the storytelling.
ASC Announces Nominees in Documentary and Television Categories for 34th Annual Awards
Nine first-time nominees and 10 returning nominees will compete the four categories — with the winners announced on January 25, 2020.
Members Turn Out for ASC Open House 2020
The Society welcomes some 900 guests to meet and greet members and 34th Annual ASC Awards honorees and nominees.
Recognizing excellence in motion-picture imaging for feature films, television and documentaries.Photo Gallery
- Lifetime Achievement Award
Frederick Elmes, ASC
- Career Achievement in Television Award
Donald A. Morgan, ASC
- Board of Governors Award
- International Award
Bruno Delbonnel, ASC, AFC
- Presidents Award
Don McCuaig, ASC
Richard H. Kline Student Heritage Award
- Graduate Category
Lucas Dziedzic, Animals
- Undergraduate Category
Oscar Ignacio Jimenez, Gather
Haskell Wexler Student Documentary Award
Jazleana Jones, King, Charles
Motion Picture, Miniseries, or Pilot Made for Television
- John Conroy, ISC for The Terror: Infamy "A Sparrow in a Swallow’s Nest"
- P.J. Dillon, ISC for The Rook "Chapter 1"
- Chris Manley, ASC for Doom Patrol "Pilot"
- Martin Ruhe, ASC for Catch-22 "Episode 5"
- Craig Wrobleski, CSC for The Twilight Zone "Blurryman"
Episode of a Series for Non-Commercial Television
- David Luther for Das Boot "Gegen die Zeit"
- M. David Mullen, ASC for The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel "Simone"
- Chris Seager, BSC for Carnival Row "Grieve No More"
- Brendan Steacy, CSC for Titans "Dick Grayson"
- Colin Watkinson, ASC, BSC for The Handmaid’s Tale "Night"
Episode of a Series for Commercial Television
- Dana Gonzales, ASC for Legion "Chapter 20"
- C. Kim Miles, CSC, MySC for Project Blue Book "The Flatwoods Monster"
- Polly Morgan, ASC, BSC for Legion "Chapter 23"
- Peter Robertson, ISC for Vikings "Hell"
- David Stockton, ASC for Gotham "Ace Chemicals"
- Jarin Blaschke for The Lighthouse
- Natasha Braier, ASC, ADF for Honey Boy
- Jasper Wolf, NSC for Monos
- Roger Deakins, ASC, BSC for 1917
- Phedon Papamichael, ASC, GSC for Ford v Ferrari
- Rodrigo Prieto, ASC, AMC for The Irishman
- Robert Richardson, ASC for Once Upon a Time... in Hollywood
- Lawrence Sher, ASC for Joker
- Fejmi Daut and Samir Ljuma for Honeyland
- Evangelia Kranioti for Obscuro Barroco
- Nicholas de Pencier for Anthropocene: The Human Epoch