37th Annual ASC Awards
Sunday, March 5, 2023
Live from the Beverly Hilton Hotel
*Proof of vaccination OR negative COVID-19 test result taken within 24 hours of the event date will be required.
A time stamped photo of a negative rapid Covid test will be accepted.
- Lifetime Achievement Award
Stephen Goldblatt, ASC, BSC
- ASC Career Achievement in Television Award
Fred Murphy, ASC
- International Award
Darius Khondji, ASC, AFC
- Presidents Award
Charlie Lieberman, ASC
- Curtis Clark ASC Technical Achievement Award
Sam Nicholson, ASC
- Board of Governors Award
THEATRICAL FEATURE FILM (Sponsored by Keslow Camera)
- WINNER: Mandy Walker, ASC, ACS for Elvis
- Roger Deakins, ASC, BSC for Empire of Light
- Greig Fraser, ASC, ACS for The Batman
- Darius Khondji, ASC, AFC for Bardo, False Chronicle of a Handful of Truths
- Claudio Miranda, ASC for Top Gun: Maverick
SPOTLIGHT AWARD (Sponsored by Panavision)
- WINNER: Sturla Brandth Grøvlen, DFF for War Sailor
- Kate McCullough, ISC for The Quiet Girl
- Andrew Wheeler for God’s Country
EPISODE OF A ONE-HOUR NON-COMMERCIAL TELEVISION SERIES (Sponsored by Panavision)
- WINNER: M. David Mullen, ASC for The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel "How Do You Get to Carnegie Hall?"
- John Conroy, ASC, ISC for Westworld "Années Folles"
- Catherine Goldschmidt for House of the Dragon "The Lord of the Tides"
- Alejandro Martinez for House of the Dragon "The Green Council"
- Alex Nepomniaschy, ASC for The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel "Everything is Bellmore"
- Nikolaus Summerer for 1899 "The Calling"
PILOT, LIMITED SERIES, OR MOTION PICTURE MADE FOR TELEVISION (Sponsored by ARRI)
- WINNER: Sean Porter for The Old Man "I"
- Todd Banhazl, ASC for Winning Time: The Rise of the Lakers Dynasty "The Swan"
- Jeremy Benning, CSC for Guillermo del Toro's Cabinet of Curiosities "The Outside"
- Anastas Michos, ASC, GSC for Guillermo del Toro's Cabinet of Curiosities "The Autopsy"
- C. Kim Miles, ASC, CSC, MySC for Lost Ollie "Bali Hai"
EPISODE OF A HALF-HOUR SERIES (Sponsored by Picture Shop)
- WINNER: Carl Herse for Barry "Starting Now"
- Adam Bricker for Hacks "The Brick"
- Stephen Murphy BSC, ISC for Atlanta "New Jazz"
- Ula Pontikos, BSC for Russian Doll "Matryoshka"
- Christian Sprenger, ASC for Atlanta "Andrew Wyeth. Alfred's World."
EPISODE OF A ONE-HOUR COMMERCIAL TELEVISION SERIES (Sponsored by William F. White)
- WINNER: Jules O'Loughlin, ASC, ACS for The Old Man "IV"
- Marshall Adams, ASC for Better Call Saul "Saul Gone"
- Jesse M. Feldman for Interview With the Vampire "Is My Very Nature That of the Devil"
- Christian Tico Herrera, CCR for Snowfall "Departures"
- Jaime Reynoso, AMC for Snowpiercer "Bound by One Track"
DOCUMENTARY AWARD (Sponsored by Creamsource)
- WINNER: Ben Bernhard and Riju Das for All That Breathes
- Adam Bricker for Chef’s Table: Pizza "Franco Pepe"
- Wolfgang Held, ASC for This Stolen Country of Mine
Act now to receive 12 issues of the award-winning AC magazine — the world’s finest cinematography resource.