The American Society of Cinematographers and American Cinematographer will be participating in a variety of interesting events during the upcoming NAB Show in Las Vegas (April 22-27).
At the ASC’s booth (#C11830 in the Central Hall, adjacent to the Sony Electronics and Sigma exhibits), a selection of fine-art still photography images taken by Society members will be on display. They will feature provocative work by Russell Carpenter, James Chressanthis, David Darby, Stephen Goldblatt, Jacek Laskus, Phedon Papamichael, John Simmons, John Toll and Theo van de Sande. These images were recently showcased within a temporary gallery set up at the ASC Clubhouse in March. ASC members and representatives will be also be on hand.
Also at the ASC booth, a special FREE promotional digital edition of AC‘s April issue will be available for instant access via QR code (or URL). It contains the entire contents of the print issue, as well as a special subscription offer. (Print copies of the magazine will also be available.)
• From Photography to Cinematography: Transitioning from Shooting Stills to Motion Pictures (Monday, April 24, 3:30pm – 4:15pm) Moderator: Charlie Lieberman, ASC Speakers: Stephen Goldblatt, ASC; Richard Crudo, ASC
• ASC Technology Committee Presents: Subjective Evaluation of HDR Display Performance (Monday, April 24, 4:30pm – 5:15pm) Moderator/Speaker: Don Eklund
• ASC Technology Committee Presents: Looking Into the World of Optics (Tuesday, April 25, 9:30am – 10:15am) Moderator: Jay Holben Speaker: Dan Sasaki
• Lisa Wiegand, ASC Delivers Chicago Justice (Tuesday, April 25, 2:30pm – 3:15pm) Moderator: Jay Holben Speaker: Lisa Wiegand, ASC
• HDR & Maintaining the Artistic Vision Through Multiple Deliverables (Wednesday, April 26, 10:30am – 11:15am) Moderator: Mark Weingartner, ASC Speakers: Bill Bennett, ASC; Curtis Clark, ASC; Joseph Slomka; Bobby Maruvada
Also note that visual effects supervisor Robert Legato, ASC will present the keynote at the “The Future of Cinema Conference: The Intersection of Technology, Art, & Commerce in Cinema,” produced in partnership with SMPTE. This will take place on Sunday, April 23 at 12:55pm.
Jonathan Freeman, ASC will be participating in the panel “Game of Thrones: Behind the Scenes with the Filmmakers,” held on Monday, April 24 at 2:30pm and presented in partnership with the International Cinematographers Guild.