The completely revised 11th edition of this essential technical reference is now exclusively available for pre-order from the ASC.
Containing entirely new chapters and substantial rewrites of entries from the previous edition, this hardback book designed for on-set use is a must-have for cinematographers and other motion-imaging professionals.
Edited by M. David Mullen, ASC and ASC associate member Rob Hummel, contributors to this updated edition include Society members Bill Bennett, Christopher Chomyn, Richard Crudo, Richard Edlund, John C. Hora, Levie Isaacks, Dennis Muren, James Neihouse, Sam Nicholson, Steven Poster, Christopher Probst, Pete Romano, Roberto Schaefer and David Stump.
Topics covered in this 11th edition of our “Filmmaker’s Bible” include:
• Evaluating digital cameras
• Take ownership of your sensor
• Measuring light
• The color science behind modern lighting instruments
• Virtual production/emissive screens
• Digital versions of day-for-night and infrared cinematography
• Imax/large-format cinematography
• Specialty lenses
• Variable frame rates
• ASC Color-Decision List (ASC CDL)
• Academy Color Encoding System (ACES)
A limited run of 3,500 copies of this hardback edition will be available, so act now to reserve your copy through the ASC Store.
The new AC Manual will be shipped in late March.