UPDATE: THIS SESSION IS SOLD OUT
The American Society of Cinematographers is delighted to announce the beginning of our Online Master Class series, a three-day, web-based seminar with live interactions and Q&A with some of the world’s top working cinematographers. Derived and adapted from our signature in-person Master Classes, the first online class will be held between Friday, Oct. 30, and Sunday, Nov. 1.
The class size will be limited to 30 participants.
Confirmed instructors* include ASC members (seen at top of page, from left):
Larry Fong — 300, Watchmen, Super 8 and Kong: Skull Island
M. David Mullen — Two-time Emmy Award winner for The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel
Lawrence Sher — The Hangover Trilogy, Oscar and ASC Award nominee for Joker
The planned curriculum — including pre-recorded lighting demonstrations, selected film clips, live instruction and interactive discussion periods — is designed to last about 3.5 hours per day, with each session starting at 8:00 AM Pacific Standard Time (11:00 AM New York; 4:00 PM London; 5:00 PM Berlin; 8:30 PM Mumbai; 11:00 Beijing).
The program will include:
• Welcome address by ASC member describing this new online Master Class format.
• Presentations by ASC instructors followed by Q&A sessions, allowing students to address specific areas of interest or gain further detail.
• Lighting demonstration — set up, shooting, editing and color grading — live-narrated by the on-set DP
• Deep-dive discussions on influential films of artistic significance, curated by ASC instructors. (To be viewed by students prior to session.)
• Participation with ASC Ambassadors — members in addition to primary event instructors — in break-out rooms for discussions and daily social sessions.
• Panel discussions with ASC members on select topics.
• Presentations by leading equipment manufacturers
• Registration is now open for students worldwide. All instruction will be in English and conducted via Zoom.
The price of participation in this three-day event is $750 USD, paid by Monday, October 26.
A complete, final day-to-day schedule will be emailed to participants on Wednesday, October 28.
The in-person ASC Master Classes will resume when health conditions permit. Attendees at the online Master Class will also be given a 10% discount on a future in-person Master Class.
REGISTER NOW — this event will sell out. UPDATE: THIS SESSION IS SOLD OUT
* While confirmed, all instructors will participate based on availability.